In this episode Stephen interviews Tim Denning:
Entrepreneur, Blogger, Writer, Coach
Tim is best known as a long-time contributor on the Entrepreneurship and Personal Development website Addicted2Success. Tim's content has been shared hundreds of thousands of times and he has written multiple viral posts on social media all around success, personal development, motivation, and entrepreneurship. During the day Tim works with the most iconic tech companies in the world, as an adviser, to assist them in expanding into Australia. By night, Tim coaches his students on the principles of personal development and the fundamentals of entrepreneurship. Tim's biggest inspiration is Tony Robbins and his goal in life is to show people that anybody can achieve the impossible!
Tim Denning’s family has always pushed him and his brother towards entrepreneurship and always said, “Don’t work for anyone.” Starting at the age of 16, he and his brother started seven businesses, which all of them failed. While still having a career in finance, he felt he was at a low point in his life and was disappointed that his life wasn’t going anywhere, which led his to discover Tony Robbins. His life was completely changed from that point forward. Working through his limiting beliefs about his writing skills, Tim now writes for Addicted2Success.com and has articles that have over over 100 thousand shares. Join us as Tim shares his 10 year vision for himself, advice for those at a low point in their lives, and his FREE eBook to grow yourself, mindset, business, and personal brand. Grab a pen and paper, because you definitely will want to take notes. www.TimDenning.net
- From Australia
- 30 years old.
- Started entrepreneurship at 16 years old.
- Started several businesses that failed and found something that worked for him that lasted for five years
- Worked with his brother and realized he didn’t like it.
- Found a career in finance
- Now assists companies who are looking to work closely with the government.
- Used to be a negative person and thought he wasn’t going to achieve much
- Five years ago was at his low point and then discovered Tony Robbins which changed his life. Then discovered addicted2success. com and then met Joel Brown.
- Prior to Joel he didn’t think he was very good of a writer. then Joel challenged him. His article had over 80 thousand shares and still gets thousands of shares today
- “Am I good enough to actually do this?” “Im a little fearful but lets have a crack at it. and then it just got better and better.”
- "Don’t worry if you’re not amazing. Just get started and have a go at it. You’ll be surprised how quickly you pick it up.”
- “The 14 ways that I completely changed my life” - BLOG (http://bit.ly/2nUc9bo)
- Growth and contribution is essential to growing
*10 years from now
- Still doing what he is doing now, but on a much bigger scale.
- Member of toast masters in Australia.
- Book deals
- Courses and videos
- Inspire the world through entrepreneurship and personal development
*For someone who is at their lowest point towards suicide, his message to that person would be:
- “A Message to Those Who Are Struggling” - BLOG (http://bit.ly/2n83Pru)
- You can’t be successful unless you fix your inner world
- Really being honest with yourself and figure out whats holding you back
- You need to take a good look at your friends and get people around you who are going to bring you up and give you the tools that you need.
- If you are in a remote area or an introvert, use books to educate yourself and build you up and those are the tools needed.
- Get momentum in your knowledge and head
- Big follower of Tony Robbins
- youtube videos
- Find materials that are telling you the opposite of your limited thinking
- Went to meet ups and met other entrepreneurs. Which gets you out of the thoughts of being a failure.
- Making the decision to make a change starts with a vision
- Say to yourself for 15 minutes “I love myself” and it gets embedded into your head and being
- Started exploring public speaking and speaking engagements
- You can’t stay behind the computer your entire life.
- You have to get out there and do public speaking, make some videos, put yourself out there and be vulnerable
- Yes it will be hard, nobody is perfect.
- Video Advice - Don’t worry about editing it or anything.
- Its not about being perfect. Its about being you and being raw.
- She people think they’re not good enough and not worthy. Pretend you’re already there. Its all a matter of how you think.
- Dont wait for something to happen, go out and make it happen yourself. Believe you’re an amazing public speaker even if you’re not. During that process because you have the belief, you will start two build your skills and confidence
*Advice to self knowing what he knows now
- Compromise and sacrifice
- Many times people have a list of things that they want and say, “That’s it, if I don’t get what I want, then I am not going to get involved or not gonna do it."
- You have to ask yourself the question: “Are you prepared to sacrifice or do you just want to be comfortable and hang out with your friends or do you want to be disciplined and actually try and not always have things the way you want it. With those two concepts, you can achieve anything.”
*eBook (Free eBook)
- “How to Become a Game Changing Influencer Online and Inspire Millions.”
- Message to everybody who wants impact and success
- To inspire others
- How he got on addicted 2 success and met Joel Brown
- Many people think they don’t have any value to share, but they really do, so he helps them discover that.
- What is your passion and create a brand or website around that
- How to set up a website and the things you’ll need to get yourself out there and how to utilize social media.
- Don’t Talking about personal brand and networking because it sounds like its all about you
- People wanna know what is in it for them
Connect with Tim Denning and get free eBook (www.TimDenning.net)
Find Tim Denning on Youtube (http://bit.ly/2n8iliL)
BLOG - “14 Ways I Completely Changed my Life, and So Can You” (Over 80 thousand shares) (http://bit.ly/2nUc9bo)
BLOG - “A Message to Those Who Are Struggling” (http://bit.ly/2n83Pru)